81-83 Imperial Cruise Control Stalk

I recall some time ago there was a discussion about the limited availability to get replacement cruise control stalks for 81-83 Imperials because they had been discontinued.  I ordered one a few weeks ago from my local dealer here in Michigan at a cost of $98.20 plus tax.  For those who have these cars I have found that they break pretty easy at the attachment points due to the inferior pot-metal Chrysler used at the time.  It’s the same part used in most other Chrysler cars of that era and I have noticed as I walked thru many salvage yards they all seem to be broken.  If/when someone orders one of these they only come in black and DO NOT include the end knob for the wipers but does include a new four pin connector.

The P/N is: 04342209 and it’s made in the U.S.A.!!!!!!!!  My dealer here and the one in New Mexico before we moved said they didn’t think they would be available for too much longer.

Dave U.

81 Imp

94 Dakota (mine)

02 Stratus (wife’s)