Charging System out to lunch...

>   Seems my charging system is out of commission. My
> battery is way too low for any kind of starting
> however the lights seem to still work as well as the
> power windows, just a bit slower and dimmer. I

Do you have a meter?  If not go to Radio Shack and get one.  You will need one
on the future to track down electrical problems.

With the car running check the voltage on the battery.  At a bumped up idle you
should have between 13.5 and 14.5 (rough numbers) volts across the battery.  If
you have this voltage then the battery is charging.  Anything below 12.6 is not
going to charge the battery.

Another possibility is that something on the car is running the battery down.
You can also use your (new?) meter to check for drains on the battery.

             Steve B.