First Time This Year

Hello List,

Well, there is nothing like it, taking that first drive of the year in an Imperial.  Due to the threat of rain, and since the car was clean, it was not a long drive,
only to a service station to check the tire pressures.  Though this was the first drive of the year, I had started the car several times, so it was no problem getting the 440 to run.  This car, a beige & chestnut 1968 Imperial LeBaron, has always been my favorite, even above convertibles and coupes.  This car is one of the few LeBaons that was produced with the leather and cloth interior, and this is another reason I like this particuler car, as I feel that the cloth is more comfortable than leather, not as slick either.  I know that a good ride is made from many different things, but Chrysler got it right with this car, it floats and smoothes the road like no other.  As you would expect, this car is rather well equipped, having about every option offered except for the stereo multi-plex radio and rear ait.  I have the window sticker from this car, but like a lot of other things, don't know where it is.  Anyway, the list price on this LeBaron was well over $10,000.00, which would have bought two Oldsmobile 98 Luxury Sedans, fully equipped in 1968, I know this because I had a new 98 that year. Though I am not a trophy hound, this car has won several awards, so many people appreciate it's style, beauty, and overall condition.  This was the third 1968 Imperial that we puchased, have had it for thirteen years, and hope to enjoy it for many more.  If you would like to see a picture of this car, go to the 1968 Imperial page on the IOC, it is the car with a background featuring the beautiful fall leaves of Indiana.

Bill/Imp, 68's