67-68 Budd Brakes was Re: IML: original, restored & modified

67-68 Budd Brakes was Re: IML: original, restored & modified

Hugh and All,

The Budd Brakes are not an Exception....... All the parts are available.
I've owned my 67  since 1983 and it's been a driver for all than about 10
years of that time.  My dad rebuilt the Calipers after my grandmother gave
it to me (1983) and I had the pads changed in 1985.  Until last Tuesday, I
had never had a problem with my braking system, last Tuesday the brakes went
out on my way home from work........ My mechanic couldn't look at it till
Friday..... Expecting the worst, I showed up with my spare Brake pads, the
Caliper part numbers, and the phone number of the place that manufacturers
the Rotors.

Instead I have my car back with a Brand new Master Cylinder and Brakes that
throw you thru a windshield at the slightest touch.... Obviously the Master
Cyl has been on it's way out for awhile and it was so gradual that I didn't
notice my brakes were getting progressively worse.  My pads that went on in
85 still have 65% left, my rotors are fine.   The only thing that has been
done since 85 is the flushing of whole system and the periodic adjusting of
rear brakes.  That was last done in 2001 so it was on my list to do this
year as well.

I see no reason to convert these systems.  Everyone is converting to 70's
cars and those Rotors aren't any easier to find.

You can do Mike's Conversion to Supra Rotors:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Brakes/mike.htm

Or you can have Rotors made:
Mark Oliver
www.precisionbrakescompany.com
476 Applegate Way
Ashland, OR  97520
1-866-99BRAKE (27253)

Calipers are available at: ( Which is Checker, Kragen, Advance and Schucks)
http://www.partsamerica.com

Part Numbers Left - 184480 and  Right 184479

The pads are a bit more challenging as somewhere along the line, there was
an error made in the Catalogs and they list them as D85's,   what they are
is D10's I did hear that this was going to be corrected, and a number of
people have found them.... I keep a spare set on hand.

I've been keeping a list of people who are interested in Rotors as if we
order more than 50 rotors the price goes down substantially.  But currently
I only have a list of about 15 people on my list.

Leslie '67 Imperial Sedan
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1967/Leslie/
Leslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx