59 Imperial Modification

Conrad:

I understand where you are trying to go with this.  We too are looking to
put disc brakes on our 59 and upgrade the suspension.  If you don't plan on
selling the car, and you want a car that handles and drives better, what is
the problem with upgrading.  In our case, we are going to keep all of the
original parts, so that if we do (which is highly unlikely) ever decide to
sell the car, we can either sell it with the original parts as a bonus, or
put it back the way that it was.  My husband is a mechanic who specializes
specifically in suspension/brakes/alignment, and has been doing it for 20
years now.  He is checking into some Chryslers with first disc brakes, and
says that if you want to email him off list, he will let you know as soon as
he comes up with a winning combination.  If you get more information before
he gets back to you, please let him know as well.

You can email us personally at:

hemi_powered@xxxxxxx

He says that if you are looking to firm up the ride right now, to try some
KYB high pressure gas shocks, and find a larger after market sway bar to
reduce body rollover in the corners.  This is our plan as well, as we love
the look and power of the car, but are looking for a better riding vehicle
since we want to drive her long distance for car shows, and lets face
it....newer cars do handle and ride better than the old ones.  I think that
you ought to have a car that you not only enjoy looking at, but that you
truly love to ride in.

Take care, and let us know how it goes for you.

Teresa & Chad Smith