Repair shops

I never had to bribe the shop my Imperial is currently in with donuts, but I did bribe them, or gain their confidence another way. The first time I brought my Nissan there I could see the owner, all of the mechanics, and customers were speaking Spanish, so I started speaking in Spanish also, in which I am almost fluent. The owner was immediately amazed that a blond haired Gringo could banter in Spanish so well. Most Hispanic people really appreciate it when you are able to speak in their language, and know their cultural ways. I should know, I have worked as a manager for a Mexican dinnerhouse chain for fifteen years in the past, and have shared my home with numerous friends from Mexico. I also think a Mexican shop will understand the car better, since most of the cars in Mexico are of an older vintage, and they seem to have a great respect for these old cars. Just look at the Low Riders, most are older Buick Rivieras, or larger American made automobiles. Maybe my Imperial will come back with some cool hydraulics!

Bill '59 Crown