From: Steve B.
Sent: 5/14/2004 7:32:03 PM
Subject: RE: IML: '60 LeBAron, update, do I adjust the transmission cable???????

>I have got the '60 LeBaron moving again, but it does so grudgingly.  While I have not driven much over 100 >feet, it seems to do just fine once in gear.  I have to start the car, run it a few moments, and then push buttons >and wait.  Sometime waiting about 40 seconds or so before it responds, if it responds.  Sometimes I wait, give snip…

This is a very common problem.  I don’t know if it just with the cast iron trans or if it is caused by age of the seals.  My opinion is that the seals in the trans are old and hard and it just takes a while for it to build up pressure and stop leaking.  Some trans medic may help with the situation.  The only cure I am aware of is to rebuild the transmission replacing all the seals.  You might try changing the fluid and filter to see if it helps.

My ’59 has been doing this since the day it came back to life four years ago.  Only really caused me a problem once when I backed out on a busy street and then drive wouldn’t engage for something like two minutes (seemed like ten hours).  Lots of horns that day  J

Good Luck!  Congratulations on getting her going again.

               Steve B.