Just saw the New York Parade Phaeton-long

Just saw the New York Parade Phaeton-long

Hey everybody,

I just attended the Norwegian Day Parade in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.  The '52
New York parade phaeton was there.  I walked up and checked it out.  It's
basically as seen in the Carl Geffken photos on the website.  Black with a
red interior.  I've probably seen it a dozen times at ticker tape parades,
the marathons, etc.

Things that struck me about it were the 1952NYC license plate.  The car
appears to be a '55 or '56, but upon reading about it in the web site it was
built in '52 and updated with 1956 front and rear ends.  The trans selector
on the column says powerflite.  The paint is in poor condition.  It is
cracked and checking in several places.  My Norwegian date and her 8 year
old niece wanted to know why they didn't polish it better.  I assume the
City wouldn't want to absorb the kind of cost entailed in a top class
respray.  Looks good at parade distance anyway. The interior seems to have
been redone and is in pretty good condition, but is regular tuck and roll
style.  Finally, the car was just parked on 67th Street and you could just
walk right up to it.  Kids were even climbing on the back where the secret
service type hand-holds and rear bumper step were.  It was cool to see it up
close.

I read on the site that the Detroit/DC car was sold from Imperial Palace.
Does anybody know how much it went for?

Rob
PS: Unfortunately, AA9 Charcoal gray metallic Imperialism finished out of
the money at Pimlico.
Welcome back Dick B.

it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/