Rhody Daze yet again

A big thank you publicly to Les and Bob for putting up...I mean, extending
their graciousness and hospitality yet again to us at Rhody Days this year.
Thanks to Loren, Erik, Eric, Lee and his wife, John the local Mopar guru,
Lee's brother, wife and their son, Leslies neighbors and housepets , the
Oregon Dept of Transportation for the paving project on Highway 126 (?) ,
the folks at " Art Like a Wheel " ,  the folks at Bliss Hiway 101 Restaraunt
for the huge discount on dinner - that will teach them to lose the tickets,
and finally to everyone and anyone else I omitted, thank you too!  An extra
special thanks to Brad Hogg for making the trip all the way from Wintergreen
Manitscolda , 31 hours by train!!!  Next time Brad, dont be asleep when they
change trains in Tuscaloosa.

This was possibly the next best year we had, nice balance of cars and people
and things to do.  I salute Les for her diligence and determination in
changing all her spark plugs - as well as taking all the plug wires off and
not losing track of what plug or cap position belongs to number one
cylinder!  Perhaps an IML first?  Nonetheless, it proves that it can be
done!!!

The weather was bearable, the cruise in was great and I felt privileged to
drive Leslies LTD Wagon as a stand in , leaving my car at home may have
broken my curse of " what is going to break this year " that has been a
problem since the first year we attended.  The crowd response to the station
wagon was intriguing to say the least, if it had not been for a broken motor
mount I think I would have gladly honored the crowd request to do a nice
burnout.  Oh well...next year.

We had a great dinner and then bonfire with beverages and dessert and stayed
up waay too late but thats half the fun of it anyway.  Sunday Leslie put the
rumor to rest that she can only heat and serve by making a great breakfast
for us and then it was time to cruise up the coast and then inland on to
home.

All of you folks who live even remotely close to Florence have NO IDEA what
you missed......next year plan on being there or being square!

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe