Biggest Imperial, a conundrum

I asked about which year yielded the biggest ever Imperial.  Usually such a
request is snapped up like a duck on a June bug, but not this time.  I think
there was general agreement that length was the key indicator, and also,
pretty much, we were talking about regular production models, not vehicles
that were subsequently stretched by an outside company.  I started looking
myself, in a Collector's Guide I have and then our own Imperial club web
site and I have realized why the silence.  Instead of length, a fairly
useful measurement and not, one would have thought, impossible to obtain, we
seem to be plagued by all but useless 'wheel base' numbers.  There may be a
marginal benefit to knowing wheel base but, in real terms, it describes
little except to hint at what the real length is.  What a drag.

Hugh