Sent: 29. maí 2004 23:43
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Laying Carpet

I used my old one as a pattern. If you don't have access to it, let it relax
in the hot sun for a while and make a partial slit where you think you need
to cut it, but be sure to stay in a safe area.  It ain't rocket science,
just be careful.  You can enlarge your tentative initial slit easily, it's
real hard to go the other way.  If this is an ACC carpet, it should fit
perfectly, at least mine did.  I did have to cut a hole for the floor button
for the radio, and for the center console as you say, but they are pretty
small and can be done in small steps.  Fold the carpet so you are laying the
right side of the carpet in the right way, with the left side folded back
over it, you can see what is lining up by looking under at the fold.

Good Luck!

Dick Benjamin