Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 4:39 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Delivery nightmares

Hi guys.
If you remember, a couple of months ago I wrote to the list asking for help to buy my husband an Imperial for his birthday.  Well, I did end up finding one, but now need help in getting it delivered.
The car is in Staunton, IL and we are in Park Rapids, MN.  It is not a real far distance, but we are just unable to travel to get it.  When I purchased the car, (from a dealer) he said that delivery would be included, and that we had to pay the driver 500 bucks when he dropped the car off.  Well, little did I know that we would be dealing with a broker, who promised us our car for weeks before I decided to go elsewhere.  Luckily I hadn't paid her any money yet.
Then, I was directed to a place called BP auto moving, who required a deposit, but assured me my car would be arriving within 5-7 days.  It has now been 13 days, and am not able to get a hold of the guy.  I finally talked to him today, and he said he would give me a refund, and was just not able to find anyone going in this direction.
I finally had to let my husband in on the surprise, but he also has no clue on what we should do next.  I paid for this car in the beginning of April, and it is now June, and still sitting in the lot.  Eric is getting extremely frustrated, as am I at the way that this transporting situation seems to be going.  If it is frustrating to me, I can only imagine what it must be like to someone who has  been waiting for this for 25 years!
So please, if anyone has any suggestions on what to do about this, and how to get our car home, I would appreciate it!
Thanks alot, again.
Melissa Swenson

PS.  I haven't described the car, as Eric is very excited to write about it to the club once he gets it home:)