How safe is our Old imp in traffic

Uh oh Vijar,

Congratulations on the Imperial and I understood your English fine.
However, here we go again!  There will now be another huge argument about
the relative safety of our Imperials. If you check the archives you will
find plenty of discussion on this topic.  What's next radials v. bias
belted?

You seem well informed on the subject. My points are these: Do not drive the
car as if it is a Toyota Celica. It is a big heavy car and the braking
performance is not likely to be up to current standards. Accident avoidance
is easier in today's cars with modern tire technology, traction control and
anti-lock brakes.  The car will likely survive any accident BETTER than its
modern counterpart, but that doesn't mean that you or your passengers will.
Enormous strides have been made in occupant safety with crush zones, air
bags.

Drive safely and enjoy your Imperial.
Rob

Only good thing that's creeping in the city
Elvis had fifty, but this one's mine
Japanese cars, man it's such a pity
AM radio suits me fine
                                        -Sugar Ray

>From: viljar@xxxxxxxxx
>Subject: IML: How safe is our Old imp in traffic
>Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:19:42 +0000
>
>Hello.
>I must say i have waited that container for a long time and as the date,
>my green 71' imperial arrives on, is closing..
>
>I have had a lot of discussions about it with my friends..
>
>One issue has risen.. Safety..

Getting married? Find great tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life
Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married