1959 Chrysler Imperial New Yorker LeBaron Crown South Hampton...say ...

--- Chad Smith <hemi_powered@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another member said that the hubcaps were from a
> 1962 Imp, and that same member also mentioned that
> there was something funny about the engine that was
> in the car (whoever you are who said this initially,
> please email me again with the details...I
> mistakenly deleted your email).

The hubcaps are indeed from a '62 Imperial.  And the
engine has been repainted in the later turquoise
color, rather than the correct black.  Considering
that the whole engine has been painted, I'm inclined
to think that either the engine has been taken out of
the car and rebuilt, or else it has been replaced with
a later engine -- either of which would be odd for a
car that has only been drive 500 miles in the last 30
years (as the ad states).  I'm also not convinced that
the cloth inserts in the seats are the original wool
broadcloth, but it's impossible to tell for sure from
the pictures.

Even so, it IS a pretty car, and a '59 LeBaron is
always a rare and beautiful thing.

Elijah

=====
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/