My '59 new engine

I was called by my mechanic this morning telling me my car was ready. When I got there to pick it up, he told me he had called me again to say there was a problem with an air leak in the carburetor which was making it run rough at low speeds. He started the engine which purred like a kitten. I have never heard it run so smoothly. The engine rebuilder suggested a new carburetor, which I tended to agree with since I think one of the cars major problems is just that. I told him to keep the car and put a new carburetor on it, and that hopefully it would still fit the stock air cleaner. I got home and went to the list, and reading about carburetors found that the Edelbrock was essentially a copy of the Carter AFB. I called back the mechanic, and he told me he had found a new Edelbrock which would fit, and it was found locally. I told him to go for it. The car should be ready tomorrow, but I probably won't be able to pick it up until Friday. As always I will keep the old parts just in case they can be rebuilt. He also suggested a fairing around the fan to make it more efficient and help with cooling the engine. Is this true, and if so is there any fairings out there that would fit a '59 Imperial?

Bill '59 Crown almost home again