From: "Val Dutson" <r40gto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Suction Dent Pullers
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:41:23 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C453D9.E7B7AF40

suggest that nearly everyone has a dent puller already.  It's called a =
toilet plunger.  I know that sounds like a funny but it actually works.  =
Maybe all designs won't work but the old style does work on what I =
refer to as big slow dents such as a oil can type that just pops in and =
out.  It cant have any sharp creases or dimples because that type dent =
has stretched metal that requires shrinking to fix it.  Obviously a dent =
puller can't do that because it takes heat treatment to do that.   Most =
dents are not repaired that way by body shops-ether they are just left =
and filled with body filler (plastic).  The toilet plunger has to =
started away from the dent and slid into the center with the vacuum =
already in it and pulled.  I hope I don't become too well known for this =
remedy. I can see some negative reverberations arising.  Don't let =
anyone see you doing that!!!  Good luck.  Val