Stripped screws

Hi try using a punch on the edges of the hole to fold them in a bit,then skrew the skrew in.Just snug it,OK.     Ken Imperial lisner
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Stripped screws

Hi,

A question.  What can I use to tighten a stripped sheet metal
screw?  My visor mount has a screw that the hole is stripped.

I don't want to use a larger screw.

I have tried sticking a piece of solid wire in the hole, but as I tighten
the screw (not over-tighten the screw) the screw cuts through
the wire and that's it.  No good.

Any ideas?

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY  USA