about a '55 Crown Imperial

Title:
Hi all,
I received a message on my other email adress about a '55 limo and some specs are strange. Here are the two messages ( i replied to the first with the PPG code but also that i was scpetical  about Ausco discs on a '55 and on 4 wheels) :
1 st  message:

I am restoring a 1955 Crown Imperial 8 passenger limousine, factory equipped with the Ausco-Lambert disk brakes.

Do you know where I could find (ideally NOS) four complete units or any of its parts or components (cylinders, linings, etc.)?

The car has paint code 07 (Crown Imperial Blue). Would you have the PPG (or, even better, the DuPont) Paint Code?

Thanking you in advance for your attention and time,

Sincerely,

(reply from me)

2 nd message:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and for your information.

Yes, this is a strange Imperial case. I too thought that the A-L disc brakes were fitted only up to 1954. It seems though, that they were offered as standard equipment until 1954, but were also available from 1955 on as an option. On the other hand, from all the information that I have come across during my investigations, I have found no mention that they were only fitted to the front wheels. In effect, the car in question in a one-owner car which has not been modified or tampered with in any way, and it has these A-L brakes on all four wheels.

It is truly a pitty that this car has these brakes, because otherwise it runs well and is in a general good condition, which makes of it an excellent restoration project. If the car has no brakes, it makes little or no sense in proceeding with a restoration. The search for these brake parts has been going on for more than one year. I have even wrote the Ausco Company recently, and I am waiting for a reply.

....I hope to find the parts somewhere someday!

On a different matter, perhaps you could give me a hint as to what are a pair of amblems that this car has on the outside top center of the rear doors, which I have not been able to see in any pictures of this car model. They seem to be "Ghia" emblems, but as far as I know, Ghia was not in the Imperial picture in 1955. I will have to make a closer inspection. Would you know anything about this?

Well, I guess it will be all for now. Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Regards,

Carlos Cabana

Caracas, Venezuela.

ccabanag@xxxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps someone on the list could reply with more infos than me.

--
Philippe COURANT

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f