Getting it in writing (was bad dealership!!)

Getting it in writing (was bad dealership!!)

George & others:  Rarely if ever will anything about the condition of a vehicle be put in writing.  In fact, a sales contract (at least in California) is required to contain only the make, year (sometimes model), vin number and, perhaps the type of engine.  The contract is more concerned with the buyer's responsibility and obligations rather than the seller's.

Statements made by the salesman are considered in law to be "puffery" and will not constitute a condition of sale unless the buyer can have it put in writing.  As a former used car lot owner in southern California, I can tell you will will never happen.

Bob

GeoNort@xxxxxxx wrote:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. You should look into any legal recourses you have. I don't know what you have in writing from them, but if there is misrepresentation on ther part, you may have recourse. You stated they claimed no rust,driver,& no bondo ect. Was that in writing? You always have small claims court as an option.
If all else fails you have a teriffic group here which can help you get your car in top shape.
George