59 Running, new carb, wrong air cleaner

Hello Hugh,
The new Edelbrock carburetor is much more squat than the original Carter, and has the electrical thing near it's base, so it has been difficult to find even an after-market Edelbrock air cleaner to fit, since it cannot seat properly hitting against the electrical thing and another original cylindrical structure which sits close to the carburetor base. I have given up the idea of trying to adapt the original air cleaner for the time being, and just want anything that will fit at this point. The adapter rings would raise the Edelbrock air cleaner enough to fit over the electrical parts and still have a decent size air cleaner. My other alternative would be to go to one of those tiny 5 or 6 inch diameter air cleaners which wouldn't have to clear the electronics stuff. This would look too crazy, however. I did find an auto shop which has been more helpful than the others, so hopefully working with them I can get the adapter rings to make the larger Edelbrock air cleaner fit. One would really think that Edelbrock would make an after-market air cleaner that fit their carburetors!

Bill '59 Crown