My new '59

> Hello Steve,
> I am looking for an after-market chrome air cleaner as a temporary
> solution, and I did find one that will fit the new carb. made by Edelbrock,
> but the problem is it will not go down over the mouth of the carb due to
> the electronic parts at the base of the carb <<snip>>

Well you have confused me with the "electronic parts"  as there are no
electronic on the Edelbrock 600 I have.  It does have an electric choke on the
side but thats the only wire.  What does this electronic stuff do?

Here's another idea for you.  If you look at the replacement air filters you
will find some that are round with a rubber top and bottom and a metal mesh
over the filter element. You want one that is the same diameter as your carb
throat.

Take that air filter and a hacksaw and cut it off right above the rubber.  You
now have a nice metal reinforced rubber spacer to put between the carb and the
air filter.  Don't ask me how I know  :-)  This is kind of a kludge but it will
work.

               Steve B.