Ol' Faithful (or not)

CHANGE YOUR OIL!!! NOW! DON'T DRIVE IT  UNTIL YOU DO!

I lost all the coolant in the 360 in my '83.  One of the heater hoses slit.
I refilled it with water and bypassed the heater core on the water pump. The
car ran fine for 10-20 minutes and then died. I was told that had I changed
the oil I probably would have been fine, but it was 3 am, so I risked it.
Oil smelled *a little* burnt.  Expensive lesson. Now I have a crate Magnum
in it.  The small block is closer to bulletproof than your V-6. I believe
you have some aluminum parts (heads) which may  warp, but if the car was
running OK you should be golden.

Good luck, my fingers are crossed,
Rob