'59 wobbly steering wheel

Does anyone know the steering column set up in a 1959 Imperial? Mine is very wobbly , and seems to have lost some type of bearing which would fit near the top of the column near the base of the steering wheel. I have referenced my factory service manual, but the section on steering is very short and deals mainly with the lower end of the column where it goes into the steering box. Any help here would be greatly appreciated since the car is currently in the shop, and I would like to have them fix this.

Bill '59 Crown