318 Engine removal questions

Well,

I am REALLY close to getting my engine out, but
here's what's left.  I need to get the transmission
bracket off the passenger side.  (The driver side
one came off when the bolt broke off the block
-just wonderful-  -NOT!)

I am trying by soaking with penetrating oil.
Also, how the heck does the flex plate access cover
come off?  It seems like it is captured by something
other than the bolts.  Is it hooked into the starter
motor opening somehow?

One more thing.  Can I leave the engine mount bolts
in, but loose?  It looks as if the engine just lays there
in the u-shaped mounts and is just held in place by
the washers and bolts.

Oh yeah.  Will a y-pipe (crossover) from an 80
Cordoba or Mirada w/out the mini catalytic converters
fit?  Someone mentioned this once.

HELP.

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY  USA