Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: IML:

Most likely, ignition is the problem.  Check that all you plug wires are tight,
both on the plug end and on the distributor.  I have had plug wires come off
the plug before, if not pushed in properly.  If this checks out OK, you may
have to look at your points settings, or inspect them and see if they are burnt
up or something.

One of the questions to ask is why did this happen after your "high speed" run
(high speed in qutotation because that's not too high).  What had happened to
me once was that one of the heater hoses had a minute leak, and when the car
got hot and the coolant pressurized, it would spray water on the distributor
and temporarily mess up the ignition.  Once the car sat for a while, the water
evaporated and the car ran fine.  What was worse was that at idle, it did not
do it, so there was no way for me to see it.  Somebody else saw it when I was
reving the engine from the inside.  Look at this before messing with the
points.

D^2