69 sedan info

Brad,

1969 was the last year for Imperial sedans and the only year of a
fuselage Imperial sedan.  A 4 door sedan was only available in the Crown
series, and it was the most popular body style with 1617 built.  There
were also 823 4DHT and 244 2DHT Crowns built.  In my experience, 1969
and 1970 Crowns of ANY body style are seldom seen.

For comparison, there were 14821 LeBaron 4DHT and 4572 2DHT 1969
Imperials built.

Looks like a 70 Imperial in the background of some shots.  Can you get
more info on that car?

I've always wondered why Imperial 2 door production plummeted after the
69 model year.  Sales were less than 2000 units a year while Cadillac
was selling about 70,000 Coupe de Villes annually during that period.
Why no Cadillac crossover?  I just don't get it.

Pete in PA
70 LeBaron 4DHT