From: <RandalPark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Starters

> Thanks Bill,
>
> I was hoping some one would jump in and help us out with this. I did
understand that the change to the gear reduction starter was not done
"because" of the new transmission, but rather coincided with it on the
Imperial.

> Were there any Chrysler Corporation cars using the gear reduction starter
prior to 1962? For some reason I had it in the back of my mind that the
Valiant had it earlier than that. I may be confusing this myself with the
alternator issue since early '60 Imperials had generators and later ones had
alternators, but I am thinking that Valiants had alternators from the
beginning.