Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: IML: hubcaps astray/Valve Stems

The wheel covers shouldn't move that much, but one thing that helps is to have fresh valve stems. Old ones that are dry and brittle are more likely to break when stressed that way. The wheel cover should not be sharp where the valve stem goes through it. You should take a look at the offending wheel cover and see if the edges around the hole are turned in. It would also be advisable to try another wheel cover and do so until you find one that doesn't "slide" on the rim.

Paul