gasoline 1950

I have owned my 1950 DeSoto Custom club coupe for 20
years. During that time, it has always run on unleaded
gasoline without use of lead or octane boosters.

Earlier this year I opened the engine to perform a
valve job. I saw the hardened exhaust valve seats, and
no valve recession.

My DeSoto went back on the road within the last three
weeks. It has about a tank and half of low-grade
Sunoco, and is running the best it ever has.

Once I get new tires installed, the DeSoto will be
taking even longer, faster trips. The only additive I
will take along is Chemtool, which will help with
carbon deposits.

Dave Duricy
1950 DeSoto Custom club coupe
1968 Imperial Crown covnertible