transmission leak

I can't say if this is the problem with your car, but Torqueflites from '62 on
that leak often can be fixed by installing the seal kit available from Pat
Blaze in Monroe, Washington.

When the cars get old, the torque converter shaft seal allows fluid to drain
back into the transmission after the car is shut off. The fluid in the
transmission case then begins to rise, and eventually overflows out through
some of the places where the seals have dried out. This can be where the shift
cable enters the transmission, neutral safety switch, speedometer cable, etc.

The problem can be eliminated by replacing the torque converter seal, but I
have found that the "easier softer way" is to purchase the seal kit and have it
installed. If I remember correctly, it costs about $30.00. I have done this to
my '62, '63, and '65 Imperials with total success. This kit is not available
from him to fix this problem in Powerflites of early case Torqueflites.

Paul