torqueflite leaks and stuff

There are several leaks that can be easily addressed in a TF without
dropping the trans:  Oil pan, rear seal ( where the driveline goes ), shift
shaft, kickdown lever,disptick tube,  the little gasket where the plate is
that covers the snap ring on the output shaft - seldom noticed as  often the
crossmember is in the way ,  and the little gasket where the neutral safety
switch mounts.  If I had a leak at ANY of these, I would be more inclined to
fix them than to just add Trans X.  I have used the stuff, its basically
Rislone or Alemite CD-2 for your trans as opposed to your engine.

As far as the common malady of torque converter  drainback , where the
converter drains back into the trans and overfills it, its a transient thing
and if the trans is sealed well it shouldnt cause huge amounts of leakage.
Once you restart the car, the fluid is pumped back into the converter where
it will stay unless you have a prolonged shut off period.

Besides the parts that Pat Blais sells ( btw, if youre in the Northwest hes
probably the best TF guy for parts and service - and no I dont work for
him ) there are some parts from Trans-Go that address the drainback issue as
well.

As far as the person who asked about parts or repair interchangeability and
commonality,  the main changes that occurred in the TF were going from cable
and pushbutton shift to  the mechanical rod linkage in the column or floor
shift cars, the change in the speedometer gear and cable around 63 (?) ,
the removal of the rear pump I think was in 65  ,  the torque converter
spline change and input shaft change was after that  and there were more
minor  internal changes as the trans evolved.  Most of these changes wont
affect any of the basic do it yourselfer kind of things such as gasket or
seal changes or basic trans servicing.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe