tranny cooler on a 68

Quoting Ken & Tracie <kjosephson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> This reminds me of a question I've been forgetting to post for
> months.....this car has an auxillary transmission cooler. Do all '68
> Imperials have this extra cooler, or just ones with A/C and/or the trailer
> towing package? This cooler looks just like the ones I've seen on Mopar
> police cars, taxis and trailer towing package cars. In fact, it is virtually
> identical to one I saved off a '78 Fury police car I parted out almost
> twenty years ago.

Unfortunately, Chrysler installed auxiliary oil coolers only with the towing
paxkage.  For these cars, the oil cooler was replacig the AC condenser, and it
was of similar size.  AC was unavailable with the towing package according to
the owners manual.  If your car has a cooler as large as that, then it was
probably original.

D^2, 2x68's, both with added tranny coolers