transmission leak

Then it is probably the only thing Lucas every made that actually
worked;-)  At least their electrics are rubbish - they brought down the
whole British motor industry!

Ian

PS - As a Bristol owner (not an Imperial, sorry) I'm particularly
interested in the recent transmission posts - I wonder what vintage my
3-speed Torqflite is given that the car was made in 1967 but the engine
(a 318) was made in 1965?  I'd dearly love to get an overdrive for it
to reduce engine revs above 70MPH from about 3000 to perhaps 2000...