IML Brake Fluid

This subject has been discussed before,
on the IML W/some controversy as to the benefits of silicon brake fluid.

I can only relate my experience with it's use. I have used DOT 5 silicon
in my 39
Imperial C24 & 1937 Airflow (Since sold).
Previously I would have to go through my
Airflow brakes (W/ DOT 3 fluid) every spring after having it sit outside
during the winter. DOT 5 silicon solved that problem.

You are correct in noting, the DOT 3 will attract water. It will also
react to the Dot 5 fluid. The secret for switching to DOT 5, is to clear
the lines of Dot 3 before adding DOT 5. I used alcohol & air pressure.
ALL
rubber parts, hoses, cups etc. must also be replaced as the DOT 3 has
leached into the rubber components.

I had karps@xxxxxxxxxxxx in southern
California resleeve my wheel cylinders.

Jim Martin ........ Sunnyvale, Calif.