Nostalgic trivia

Recently I received my copy "American Dream Cars" by Frumkin and Hall, from Krause Publications.  Certain sections took me back to my boyhood, when as my mother might have said, "The boy eats, drinks and sleeps cars."
    While pulled to the Buicks of the early 1950's and the early Caddies, some of the most beautiful products those two ever created, I keep returning to the pages on Chrysler.
     As I look at the 1951 -310, the 1952 C-200, the 1953 Special Sports Coupe, the 1953 D'Elegance, the 1955 Flight Sweep Series and the 1955 Falcon, I all but drool.  The 1954 Dodge Firearrow series is magnificent, as is the 1954 Plymouth Explorer.
     These cars are still "modern" and contemporary by today's standards, exquisite examples of the creative beauty automobile designers were capable of at the time.  Perhaps I am "getting old", but I just do not see that type of individualistic design creativity in today's cars.
Vince in Boston