Re: IML: Reminiscing another take on the Imperial

Re: IML: Reminiscing another take on the Imperial

Hi list,
Allen is right,some of us like to reminisce in the
Imperial.  I however like the my 1955 Imperial because
I am the only one in a town of 100,000 plus people
that has one. Most likely there are only a handful of
these cars in the western US.  So why do I like my
Imperial?  It turns heads.  It draws attention.
People ask me what kind of car is that.  One out of 20
people might know what it is.  All of the others have
no idea.  That is why I like my Imperial.  I like to
be different.  Beside this car my 58 F--d retro rod
gives me the same attention.  I guess I am just an
attention hog.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaaaa
 --- ChiPieAlandPaula@xxxxxxx wrote: > Hello All,
> I just could not pass up jumping in on this thread.
> I do not know the exact
> reasons that every member has and cherishes their
> Imperial. My reason is really
> quite simple. For me, I can get in my 64 and pretend
> that the intervening 40
> years haven't really happened. I am still 16,
> driving Dad's new Imperial. Gas
> is 38 cents per gallon for premium. We can still
> look up to our heroes, and
> the future is bright simply because we are
> Americans. You might call this
> foolish, some say I should see an analyst. But to
> me, when this world not of my
> making gets to much to handle, I can get in the
> Imperial and just pretend.
>                                      Allan
> pretending quietly in Billings,
> Montana