How do you detect a shady buyer?

it seems the only offers i get are of european origin and they all say i saw your car on the internet and what is the present condition and last offer and they will pay in form of us certified check and they will arrange shipping and they are always representing someone.i erase all of them.if there were any legitimate offers i guess i missed out.it seems no one in the US is interested in my car.here it may seem expensive or overpriced but there it may be a bargain.i just dont trust any of those offers.--- Original Message -----
From: fallstich
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 10:12 PM
Subject: IML: How do you detect a shady buyer?

We recently posted our 57 Imperial for sale on the mailing list and have had a few responses, however, one of them struck me as a little shady, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this company.  It is a place called Lucas Automobile Procurement Agency in Sweden.  Basically they are saying that they find cars for customers and the customer pays a commission and the car is shipped after payment is received and OK'd by us.  Sounds sort of odd to me, but I've never had an offer like this before.  I did a quick internet search and found no such company.  Is this a scam of some sort, or is it legit?  Anyone heard of this company?

Kristen