From: Brian Shea [mailto: bshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:44:41 -0500
Subject: RE: IML: Master Cylinder Rebuild Time?

If you remove the line, will you have to re bleed the wheel
cylinders?I<br>replaced the lines on my 66 crown and the car was fine.Now I'm
losing fluid<br>some where and have to fill up the master after a few
days.While we are on<br>the subject of brakes,the emergency brake does not
Message-----<br>From:
 Behalf Of Christopher<br>Middlebrook<br>Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 7:17
AM<br>To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<br>Subject: Re: IML: Master Cylinder
would be to remove the<br>line to it and put a plug in the hole.  The M/C
being out of adjustment is definitely a factor too.<br><br>I broke down when I
was refurbishing the brakes in my 62 and bought the<br>Motive Products power
bleeder (About 50 bucks). It consists of a gar
den<br>sprayer looking bottle with a pressure gauge, a long hose, and a
cap<br>designed to fit over the M/C.  You fill up the bottle with brake fluid,
and<br>pump it up to 10-15 psi.  Then you get under each wheel and let the
pressure<br>do the work for you as you loosen up the bleeders.  What's nice
about it is<br>that you don't have to mind the M/C since the bottle is feeding
brake fluid<br>under pressure. All you have to worry about is making sure the
wrote:<br>From:  [mailto: RandalPark@xxxxxxx]<br>To:
can mean (among other things) that the brakes need to
AM<br>Eastern Daylight Time, "Dave Ford" <daveford1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
nders and brake shoes on my 58<br><br>>Southampton.  Brake pedal pumps up to a
good hard pedal and braking is<br>good. <br>>  But...  my first pedal stroke on
the brake goes way below the<br>pumped <br>>height so I have bled all the wheel
cylinders three different<br>times to try <br>>to eliminate this issue but I
still get the same<br>result.<br>>Is my problem the Master Cylinder?  Should a
rebuild/kit<br>suffice?<br>>
 by debt? Find out how to Dig Yourself Out of Debt from<br>MSN
  http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------<br>>This message was !<br>sent
to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please <br>>re<br>ply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be <br>>shared<br>with
everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for
 UN-SUBSCRIBE, go
  http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------<br>This message was sent<br>to
you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please <br>reply
to<br>mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be <br>shared
with<br>everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for
UN-SUBSCRIBE, go
 Excite! - http://www.excite.com<br>The most personalized portal on the
be<br>shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for
the<br>Administrators sh
 ould be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<br>To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to
http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------<br>This message was sent to you
and your response will be <br>shared with everyone. Private messages (and