'65 Imperial Oil dipstick

Heres a question for you all...I changed the Oil in my '65 Imperial a few days back..changed the filter too, put in five quarts like the manual said...four plus one for filter change...and my dipstick says I'm a quart low...now this is an all original '65 Convertible with the 413...funny thing is that about 10 years ago I was driving another '65...this one a Crown four door hardtop and its dipstick read the same thing...one quart low after adding five quarts...can anyone explain this phenomonea to me or should the 413 in fact take 6 quarts like my '64 Dodge Custom 880 with the 361 indeed does do?

Thanks for responding...maybe I'm the one who's a quart low

Bruce

Do you Yahoo!?