A time saving brake tool...

I normally don't like to waste bandwidth plugging stuff, but I bought one of
the handiest tools anyone doing brakes on their Imperial (or daily driver) can
invest in.  It's the Motive Products (www.motiveproducts.com) power bleeder.
You can replace or bleed your brake system all by yourself without any help!
It consists of a lawn sprayer type bottle with a pressure gauge attached to it.
 Depending on the model you buy, it comes with a custom designed cover that
fits your particular master cylinder (or hydraulic clutch reservoir if your
other car has one).
All you do is attach the cover to your master cylinder, fill the bottle with a
couple of quarts of fluid, pump it up to 10-15 psi , crawl under your car to
pop open the bleeders, and that's it!  With 2 quarts of fluid in the bottle,
you never have to mind the master cylinder.
My 62 has 6 wheel cylinders, so it took about 30 minutes to bleed the whole
car.  They provide a clear hose to attach to your bleeder so you can monitor
the color (and bubbles) of the fluid as it comes out.

Happy Imperialing

Chris Middlebrook
62 Custom Southampton (with a mean brake pedal)

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com