NYB window motor

In a message dated 8/4/2004 3:55:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, collyman1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

and while I'm at it, I guess I also need a working drivers side "window motor and gear assembly" that will fit a '77 NYB.

Your local parts house should be able to order that window motor new or remanufactured without problem.  i think the gear is sold seperately, but also available.  These motors actually go back to 67 or so, though the listings at the stores will not show that.  The mounting brackets that attach to the motor body may have to be changed for the earlier cars; sometimes wires need to be reversed if motor runs in wrong direction, but they work well with minor modification if any required.
There are two casting numbers that equate to left and right on the different applications.  If not certain, you may need to order both L and R to get the correct motor for your application.

John -- Atlanta