selling my 1959 love of life

It has been a very long drawn out decision, but I have finally decided to sell my 1959 Crown. I have just posted the ad this evening on the web site with great sadness. Since I am not very mechanically inclined, and not a very wealthy person (at least for this type of maintenance), I decided it best to sell the car. It breaks my heart, and it was my dream to see the car someday fully restored, but I realize that this may never happen in my lifetime. Most of you are well aware of the history of this car, and it's recent engine rebuild about a month ago. This is also a factor which has caused me to sell it at this time, since it is running so well, and the new engine is not even through the break in period yet. I am also planning a move to Las Vegas in order to simplify my life, and improve upon it. I am looking at homes with three car garages so I would have a garage to finally park my Imperial in, but I really cannot afford the maintenance these old cars require. Sometimes I don't even care when the car is not running, it is just a pleasure to admire it, and I'm afraid if I have a garage to just park it in, it will be the tendency to just let it sit there. I know these cars appeal to a very specific limited amount of car buffs, and I recently had an e-mail from the guy I bought it from if I would like to sell it back, but I don't know what he would think of my asking price, which is about double what I paid for the car. I have invested about triple what I originally paid, and am still no where near the restoration goal I hoped to be, which is another reason I am selling it. I know these cars take a long time to sell unless you find the right person at the right time, but if I don't sell it, I guess I will just have to keep it which wouldn't be so bad either. No matter what happens, I will only let the car go to a loving home who can properly take care of it, and I would require visitation rights.

Bill '59 Crown