Sometimes another pair or younger pair of eyes is helpful.

Sometimes another pair or younger pair of eyes is helpful.

I've made mention before about my 68 4 door hardtop "Lucy" and me and my children's efforts to get her on the road. Well, my son helped me bleed the front brakes, then I looked at the calipers lines and everything real closely cause the fellow who sold it to me said it had a fluid leak in the front part of the brake system. Well, it's lost a lil fluid, but before I go to tearing it apart, I want to know where. Despite that, I cant find any leaks. My daughter Heather returns from visiting my sister and is helping me down around the garage and I explain what me and her brother John did to the car and how mystified I was. She says ok then just looks at the car with the hood up while I putter around in the garage getting the lawn tractor ready to mow.
A few minutes later, she calls me and says, "Dad, is that supposed to be wet there?"
I look and where the master cylinder bolts to the power booster is wet with brake fluid. I had assumed it had just spilt there, but there was more there than when I had looked previously.
I tell her, "No it isnt, but good eyes!!" We'll go order a fresh master cylinder tomorrow and once we get the gas tank swap from coupe to 4 door, our Imp should be about driveable!
I figure its leaking out where the pushrod for the brake pedal goes into the master cylinder, and has probably been that way for sometime. Hope the power brake booster isnt going to fail too soon.
Always good to get a fresh outlook on things from time to time, it was such a subtle thing she saw, I doubt I'd have figured it out before a bunch more busted knuckles and additional frustration!
Phil <><