Hot Weather

Not properly set timing/vacuum advance can cause overheating (assuming the
radiator is in good shape).  No mechanic will set these right, or even care for
them, if the owner himself does not understand the issues and does not ask his
mechanic to do it, or does not do it himself.  At the end of the day, the
mechanic gets his payment and that's the end of it as far as he is concerned.
You are the one that deals with driving the car.  The best way is to do the
work yourself, or as much of it as possible.  Even if you are not as skilled,
you are far more motivated to do the job better, because you are stuck with the
consequences.
D^2

Quoting RandalPark@xxxxxxx: