Phony buyers and cashiers checks

<<<I think the best way to deal with them is tell them "yes".  Let them mail you
the fake checks.  Let them spend their money and resources in printing the fake
checks, and in postage (the $1 or so of postage cost may be non-insignificant in
their currency).  You get hard evidence in the (extreme) case they get
prosecuted, but you also get the satisfaction that you fooled them instead of
them fooling you.  They will be waiting anxiously to get their refund back,
which of course will never come.  When they e-mail you inquiring about it, you
tell them, yes, the money was wired the day before yesterday, you should have
it by now!

D^2 >>>

I did give it some thought!! Trust me, I'd love to nail a few of these people -
their ultimate motive is purely dishonest, they deserve to be hung out to dry.
Their offshore origins pretty much preclude justice, though.

As an aside, I have heard of at least one instance (a high end horse sale)
where the check was actually GOOD! The guy deposited it, telling his bank to
check it out before he did anything else. They told him the check was real, the
account valid and the funds were there. He went ahead and sent the requested
monies. The horse was actually picked up by a known shipper, who had been paid
up front. About a week later, his bank called - now suddenly the buyers'
account had been emptied of all funds. Poor guy, he was out thousands, and his
good horse was probably eaten by heathens.

So, it can go any number of ways! I figure the offshore bank HAD to be in on
it, otherwise how would they know exactly when to jerk out their money?

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, Washington
Proud mother of a soldier
and owner of  "Lucille" 1968 Crown 4 door HT