rear axle angles (57 Imp)

Thank you for bringing up this issue Phillipe.

I am getting ready to attack this very same problem on my '56 C-73

It has a different system for adjusting the U-joint angle and propellor shafts, but I believe the alignment issues are the are the same as your '57.

Last week I pulled the rear axle and springs for cleaning, repair, and new rubber bushings, etc. After reassembly the car sits level or perhaps a 1/4" higher @ the rear. We shimmed the axle so there is no twist on the springs ( your car is different; shims do not cause spring twist). Next week I go back to the shop with spirit level protractor in hand to address the U-joint alignment problems which are causing the drive line vibration in my car.  My problem is at a maximum between 20 and 40mph. I haven't had my car up to 80 yet, so perhaps there is a period or node in that range too.

Keep us up on your progress and I'll try to do the same.

Gary Kitterman
1956 C-73 "Babe"