Unusual seats on a 67?

> Man, you guys are hardcore. I am no expert on 60's
> Imperials, so it didn't
> look bad to me.  The seats seem to be a fairly nice

While they did do a decent job of cramming the seats
from a '79 Lincoln into a car a dozen years older and
dimensionally incompatible, it still remains those
seats stick out in that car like Billy Graham at an
NAACP convention.

> install to me. The wood
> doesn't seem to match the rest and I believe the
> "red" carpet in the rear is
> actually steel. I think there isn't any carpet.  The

Oh, no!  Didn't you read the ad?  "New carpeting".
Awful proud of that.  Yup.

> random nest of wires
> and boxes on the fender appears to be a high quality
> Mallory coil.  I see a

A high quality coil perhaps, with an obviously amatuer
installation.

> decent driver in need of restoration.  Oh yeah,
> (ducking) I don't like whitewalls.

Well, you do have strange tastes.  ;-)  I would agree,
it definitely doesn't look bad from the outside
(although the white-on-white 1/4 vinyl roof smells
suspiciously non-stock as well- weren't all these
receeding hairline tops suppposed to be contrasting
the body color?) and could be fixed up with a decent
interior man, some trunk parts and a good engine
detailing.

> Careful Mike that's dangerously close to saying it
> should be parted out. ;)

I'd never suggest that, not for a rust-free '67.  Now,
for a '68 on the other hand...Just kidding of course.
That bozo parting his 58K mile original '68 on eBay
makes me absolutely sick.  Anyone for a road trip to
go steal...er...I mean...save it?  ;)

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Beautiful Boxcar