67 plug changes

> her 67 Imperial.  I can tell you that a spark plug
> socket thats not
> excessively long and thats been broached on the end
> to accept an end wrench
> will work very nicely for this.  You place the
> socket over the plug, use the
> end wrench to initially loosen the plug and once you
> get the plug out a few
> turns you can then turn it out the rest of the way
> by hand using the socket.

I once had a BMW 2002 (from 1971...go figure) that
needed to have the walls of the socket ground down to
give enough clearance to get around the plug.  While
that car has long since gone from my stable, the
socket remains in my toolbox, and has proven its worth
once again with this #7 plug.  Having a slightly
thinner wall on the socket makes getting around the
plug easier.  The weakened socket isn't really an
issue, since you shouldn't torque plugs too tight
anyway.

>From underneath is the best way, a wrench on a
hex-ended socket works but my craftsman ratchet is
thin enough profile so that it will work, too.  You
put the socket on the plug, and the ratchet on the
socket, swing a couple of turns, ane take the ratchet
off and spin by hand.

When my arms were thinner, I could snake then
underneath the brake booster and do the operation from
above.  That'll teach me to work out!

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Beautiful Boxcar