From: Duckie26626@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 7:19 PM
Subject: IML: 1962 Imperial Disk Brake Conversion?

Fellow Imperial Fans Help:
After putting on 200+ miles on a near complete Brake Rebuild, that included "New-NOS" Shoes Up front, 5 of the 6 wheel cylinder replaced & 1 Rebuilt, Turned front drums, Cleaned rear ones, Dual Master Cyl. 1 1/8 Bore Size, Many Brake Bleedings, 1/2 of the brake lines replaced, Wilwood 10 psi check on both half's, I Have Come to the Conclusion that the Bendix Total Contact Brake System should be called the "Pedal of Doom System." Somehow they Just Don't Inspire much confidence with a Soft Pedal & a Lot of Pedal Travel. Has anyone found a Disk Brake Conversion Kit or A Home Brewed way of putting Disk Brakes on the Front of a 62 Imp. I'm a 50+ year old tool & diemaker at a DaimlerChrysler Engine Plant, so I've done 97% of my own car/truck repairs from my high school days. I've found Kits for 62 Chrysler, but I don't have to tell anyone here that they are Different on the Imp's. If needed I can make adapters myself or bore out housing's for bigger wheel bearings. It's a White 62 Custom with 55k miles & spent the fi rst 24 years of it's life taking a little old lady from Toledo, Ohio to Church on Sunday & spent the rest of week in a heated Garage - No Kidding.
Help. Dave Van Buren
PS:The Info on the website was GREAT. I replaced all 4 shocks & put all new front end parts (after looking on E-Bay for months), 235-75 15 Radials Kelly Tires All Around &
It Now Handles 10 Times Better! Thanks!!