'66 - New Tires

Quoting Bob Schmitt <bsbrbank@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> After some discussion of size, I got 235x70x15 at the same price as the
> Remingtons.  When the old tires came off, the inside tread of one of the

With 235/70R15, you have a smaller rolling diameter (3.5%).  So, your speedo
error will increase somewhat, your odometer will read high by 3.5, and your gas
mileage will drop a bit.  However, you will have a little better steering
response at high speeds.  I have 235/70 on the front of one of my 68's, but
have the 75's on the back for better gearing.

> Morale of the story - check your tires often, especially when they are old
> and don't believe that a vibration that "doesn't feel like a tire" is not a
> tire!

Usually, when the vobration occurs at higher speeds, its tires.  However, with
sepatated tires, you should feel a shake even at low speeds.  Sometimes, if the
separation is too small to affect the balance, you may not feel a thing at
highway speeds.

D^2